Bolts from the Sky

I was totally unprepared for these shots. Just upgraded my camera and trying its different knobs and settings  while at the same time assisting a friend in learning the basics of photography. It was twilight and a thick cloud covered the sky. I was almost sure it was going to rain but instead, we were treated to a majestic lightning show. I had no tripod then and was just twiddling with the new camera. Somehow, I  couldn't resist clicking on the shutter to whatever I may capture. While the photographs have lots of room for improvement, it still makes me smile to capture in photos one of nature's awesome powers!

Taken from our condominium roofdeck July 1, 2013 





And then Thor's show ended. Peace and quiet as it was Venus' turn.

Add caption

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calamba, Laguna: House of Dr. Jose Rizal and the St. John de Baptist Church

Juan Luna's A Do...Va La Nave? Paris, 1885

A Beautiful House by the River: Joey De Leon's Ancestral House